Sunday, December 5, 2010

That was pretty cool


We just returned from the Angkor Wat 15th annual half marathon (and 10km)!
It's a great event, organized by the Japanese, with many Japanese and local volunteers. Imagine running around ancient temples. We did just that along with about 4,500 other people! The atmosphere was relaxed so that made for a fun event. I would definitely return here to participate in this race again (and then I'd head to Thailand for a week of beach time, hint hint Fox family let's do this next year!).
Kiwi had a great 1/2 marathon this morning. His first ever 1/2 on pavement, his time was around 1:37, so very well done Kiwi!! Many of the locals cheered for him as he passed them wearing his "I heart Cambodia" t-shirt. I had an average 10km run, around 1:02 or so.
Now we are off in search of coffee and a bite to eat.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you're in the Men's 10K division Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwi is FAST. And unbelievable that you've pulled off a 10k with little to no regular training, Fox.

    Um, please tell me those cards around your necks are race "medals" :-)

    PS - I tried to post a comment for this on my phone a few days ago and I see it hasn't gone through.

    ReplyDelete