Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kampot, Kep & Phnom Penh

View from hotel room in Kampot. Mea Culpa is where we crashed, they had awesome pizza made in their very own wood oven. Divine!
Cows grazing. They are seen on most Khmer's properties (on the outskirts of big cities that is). Fresh milk, right at your doorstep.
Kiwi trekking up the road to the jungle lodge in Kep.

A local's yard in Kep. The grassy yard isn't the norm, more often it's dirt and I hate to say it, a lot of garbage too.
Thatched roof bungalows on the hillside in Kep.

Cool pool at hotel in Phnom Penh.

Mmmm, appetizer anyone? This is a delish bowl of marinated Tarantulas. At the roadside bus stop between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.

If you don't fancy the Tarantulas, how about a little cooked turtle? Can you see them? Shell on, upside down. I didn't snap a shot of the bowl of beetles that were on offer...to most of us it's gross but I find it difficult to snap a photo and not feel guilty because I know the locals eat this stuff and don't think it's gross. So I tried to be somewhat subtle in my approach, and I asked if it was alright for me to take a picture. Luckily, they smiled and said yes.
Fox may be wearing the same pair of grimy, cut off shorts for this entire trip but she is sporting a fabulous pedicure at all times!

No comments:

Post a Comment