Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Belting out the tunes

Raw Prawn!! Mmmm
New timepieces!
Drumming mad beats.
Mad beats yo!

Today we walked around parts of Tokyo. We're very fortunate because Kiwi's dear friend Nick (Nick lives in Tokyo) has put us up in his downtown apartment AND he gave us a fabulous walking tour today. Of course we shopped a little (check out the vintage Timex watches we picked up), we ate a lot of fabulous sushi (sea urchin is not for Kiwi), and best of all we experienced some Karaoke tonight!

That's right, yours truly (those who know me well know I can't sing AT ALL), went to a Karaoke joint. At first I was so uptight I couldn't even sing a single word...several Vodka shots later I was game and belting out the tunes and I didn't want to leave. I still sound like a dying cat but it doesn't matter, it was loads of fun! A MUST do in Tokyo, especially for uptight Canadians!

We saw parts of Shinjuku, Shibuya, Shinigawa and Roppongi today and we hope to see more tomorrow.

I'm drunk and need to go to sleep now. In a good way.

KF

1 comment:

  1. Love the Timex watches - how cool is that! A little singing, a little sushi; could life be better?

    Love to see some sushi pics.

    ReplyDelete